California Autos Examiner

Friday, December 23, 2005

Does this trunk make my butt look big*?
A magazine article that I read recently called attention to the restyling of the 2006 Accord and awarded it the "best butt lift" prize for its new booty. The latest Accord has been a disappointment stylistically speaking for me since its introduction. Dynamically the Accord is everything that it has been and more, but it’s not at all memorable when it comes to the look department. The ’06 trunk does pack more funk, but not enough to win me over. The Accord is in a envious position because regardless of its looks, people are going to gravitate to the car because it’s “a Honda.” I’m not trying to disparage the car; it’s an excellent performer, finishes at the top of many comparisons, and holds its resale value. For many folks wanting solid, reliable transportation the car represents a great buy. It’s just a bit sad for me that the car doesn’t pack a little more zip in the styling department. When I glance out to my driveway, I like my cars to wink back.

*Yes, that's a hat tip to Garry Shandling's "Larry Sanders" character.

No comments: