California Autos Examiner

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

2009 Cadillac CTS-V





550 horsepower and 550 lb-ft of torque. I could write more, but really that's the CTS-V in a nutshell. Supposedly the axle tramp that made almost every first generation CTS-V review has been taken care of in this version through the use of asymmetrical half-shafts. Unlike the previous model, you can now get an automatic transmission. The auto in question is a six-speed that includes steering-wheel-mounted shift paddles and adds 100 pounds to the vehicle. Also of note is that the CTS-V has an electronic parking brake and Bluetooth, features that were promised when the 2008 model debuted. Consider those promises met.

Now, I gotta say...I'm not wowed by the look. Somehow, at least on film, the mesh grille takes away from the drama of the car. I dig the Recaro seats, and the Obsidian material that bedecks the dash, but also covering the steering wheel and shifter in that same suede-like material that is on the seats is questionable in my mind.

I'm very taken with the 2008 CTS, this CTS-V doesn't have the same appeal straight out of the box. A long test drive might fix that :-)

No comments: