California Autos Examiner

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Driving the Nissan Rogue


I had the opportunity to take a Nissan Rogue for a short spin yesterday and I have to tell you, I was impressed! Although it wasn't an extended tour of duty, my stint behind the wheel showed a vehicle that had "I like to drive" handling and peppy acceleration. I wasn't expecting to like the Rogue as much as I did. Critics has popped off about the monochromatic interior, but the cheerfulness of the Rogue's performance diminished any negatives I might have had about the somber color scheme. Everything inside the Rogue's cabin that I touched had a quality feel about it.

I must note that my time behind the wheel was very limited. Before making any formal recommendations I'd have to spend a day or two with the little bugger. However, I've found that some vehicles can bore you within the first few minutes of taking the wheel and the Rogue certainly was not guilty of that.

I've spend considerable time behind the wheel of a 2007 CR-V and although it's a nice piece, I feel that the Nissan would be a more lively day to day companion. Customers are catching on as well. While I was at the Nissan dealer, Rogues were headed out on test drives left and right.

Now...If Nissan would just fix that grille!

No comments: