California Autos Examiner

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Toyota Venza









Another crossover! For the press introduction, Toyota drove the car from the back, down the middle of the aisle and onto the stage. The Venza will be only sold as one model with a choice of four cylinder and six cylinder power. Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission and available with either front or all wheel drive. What I found interesting is that the four cylinder gets 19" wheels as standard and the six gets 20" rims. Wow! I can't say that the Venza appeals to me. It's too small to replace the family van and too big for my commuting car. Is it a hit or a miss? I guess it all depends on how you feel about vanilla ice cream. It's certainly not going to be a miss in the marketplace, but I don't find her particularly fetching to look at.


I presume that we'll see a Lexus version of the Venza at some point, not unlike the LF-X concept pictured above.

No comments: