California Autos Examiner

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Vines Doesn't Stray Far From the Vine


Jason Vines, most recently of Chrysler LLC, has resurfaced at Detroit software developer Compuware Corp. "I'm very excited about this. It allows me to do what I do best, and it allows me to stay in a community I believe in," Vines told Crain's Detroit Business Friday. The reason I say that he hasn't strayed too far is because Vines will also be involved with Covisint, a Compuware subsidiary that began in 2000 as a venture of the Detroit 3.

Before he begins his stint at Compuware, Vines will be guest journo-ing a column for an auto Web site, AutoBeat Daily, during the North American International Auto Show and taping commentaries for Detroit's WWJ Newsradio (950 AM). Vines used this opportunity to take a swipe at members of the press saying, "I'll have to buy a whole new wardrobe of mismatching clothes." Clearly Vines was referring to Jalopnik's Ray Wert with that remark.

A high powered guy like Vines never stays unemployed for long. Glad to hear he's back in the saddle.

source: automotive news, detroit news

No comments: