California Autos Examiner

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Two Months In A Lincoln MKS


Car Life Forums -AutoWeek Magazine


Over at AutoWeek's reincarnated forums, a reader "John S" completed an 8 week test of the 2009 Lincoln MKS for JD Power and Ford. Not a bad gig for anyone who has a hankering for cars. In the link above you can read about his impressions. In a quick summary, John S. found the MKS to be an excellent full size car with a nice balance of ride, handling, performance, comfort, and fuel efficiency. I'm not so impressed with the car myself, but I've only sat in the vehicle at the LA Auto Show and these folks have actually driven the bugger. I just can't seem to get excited about a FWD/AWD luxury sedan when there are so many sexy, RWD entries out there.

Are commercials like "starships don't need keys" enough to sell the MKS? I think that loyal Continental fans who have waited for a similar vehicle to return to the lineup will be overjoyed and are probably the ones responsible for the initial surge of orders. However, I'm not convinced the Lincoln brand is strong enough to actually bring in new blood with a car like the MKS. I was personally hoping for a sequel to the LS, a Lincoln that I really did like. I have seen several LS owners defect over to the new CTS and I can understand why. You can check out the starship commercial by clicking here.

No comments: