California Autos Examiner

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Not Watchable: Click & Clack's As the Wrench Turns


Boy, we've been cheated...and how! A few days ago I reminded everybody to set their DVRs to record 'Click & Clack's As the Wrench Turns'. For all of those who did so, I owe you an apology. What the Tappet Brothers radio program has in spades, the animated show lacked almost immediately. The hilarious predicaments that the radio show's callers find themselves in and the witty retorts that have made the brothers famous just hasn't translated here. The episode plot lines simply aren't funny. You know a show is bad when you are walking away from the TV just minutes after it began. If anything 'As the Wrench Turn' shows you just how brilliant a program like 'South Park' really is.

I hate to give a thumbs down to a pair of characters I've listened to for years, but after watching two shows I can take no more. Stick to your day job. I'll be going over to Audible to buy one of Click & Clack's radio programs for $0.95 just to regain my faith.

No comments: