California Autos Examiner

Monday, October 27, 2008

Wild, Off-Topic Speculation: Quake?


In general, I'm not a superstitious person. I have been known to knock on wood and wear a lucky shirt, but that's about it. Having said that, the family dog has been acting funny all afternoon and I feel that I have to mention the "Q" word.

What has the dog been doing? Well for starters, she's been standing/sitting on this table for forty minutes (pictured above). She also has been barking randomly and trying to hide in odd places on the deck. It's my hope that all of this weird activity is just her way of trying to sucker us into two walks instead of her regular evening stroll. Cadi has been with us for years and she's never done anything like this, that's what makes it a bit concerning.

A search of the web yields varying opinions on the ability of dogs to predict major events like earthquakes. I'll revisit this topic in week or so and we'll see how Cadi did with her predictions. I'm not changing my routines, but I'll be sensitive to any jolts!

No comments: