California Autos Examiner

Sunday, December 14, 2008

2010 BMW Z4: Now With More German!








An initial survey of blog postings seems to yield the view that BMW has gotten this Zed 4 right. How do I come to that conclusion? There is a healthy mix of hate it/love it comments, just the kind of tension amongst the public to make any designer of high end goods very happy.

BMW will no longer build the Z4 in the States, instead it will be built in Germany at BMW's Regensburg facility (which happens to be about an hour away from my relatives in Ruhmannsfelden). Anyways, BMW's plant in South Carolina will be dedicated to building X models, currently the X5 and X6, but also models like the X3 going to be made in S.C. as well.

I understand the appeal of hardtop convertibles, but frankly I rather enjoy the more analog experience of fabric topped 'verts. Whatever, it's not like I'm going to be buying this car or any of its competitors, so they shouldn't be listening to me.

Overall, I like this Z4 and I recommend it for hot chicks everywhere.

No comments: