California Autos Examiner

Friday, January 23, 2009

Non-Living Trees


You'll recall the other day when I was mentioning that Fisker was using non-living trees for its cars' interiors. While perusing through my boating magazine, I noticed an article about Triton Logging and its Sawfish underwater harvester which is able to dive underwater and cut down standing forests that have been submerged. While some enviros would argue about the way in which these forests were submerged, such as reservoir projects, it's a pretty cool way to give lost resources a second chance.

Please note: I am not claiming that Fisker is using trees harvested in this manner, rather their press materials got me thinking about logging trees underwater.

1 comment:

new illuminati said...

A great pity they can't be GROWN underwater. One day people will realise that trees - like your lungs - are not RESOURCES!

See http://enlightenment.today.com