California Autos Examiner

Thursday, May 07, 2009

My goal is to sell the first Fiat 500 in the U.S. by the end of 2010

As expected, the first Fiat product to hit our shores could be the 500. Seems like a good idea to me. The 500 is assembled in Poland, a relatively low cost country, so the 500 could be sold at a reasonable price. Quantities would probably be limited, but it's really about planting the Fiat flag more than anything else.

Also of interest in the Bloomberg article was the mention that Fiat would be interested in Saab. Holy cow! What the heck in Marchionne trying to do? He seems intent on buying everything our domestic brands have to offer.

To be certain, it's a buyer's market these days, but Saab has given GM fits for years. Shouldn't Marchionne just focus on integrating Chrysler for now?


source: Marchionne aims for Chrysler, wants Saab | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

1 comment:

Len said...

I owned a Fiat once. It was some years ago. I remember I didn't keep it long because it spent more time in the repair shop than it did on the road. I could not even drive past the repair shop for less than six hundred bucks. Needless to say, I was not impressed with Fiat.