California Autos Examiner

Thursday, May 14, 2009

What can brown do for you? UPS delivering rejection letters to 789 Chrysler dealers


Well at least they didn't text them the letter. Still I imagine that every Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer out there is cringing when the see a UPS truck pull up to their door.
Actually, we already have the list of dealers that Chrysler wants to cut, I refer you to Exhibit A (It really is called Exhibit A, I'm not making that up).

The cut represents 24.7 percent of Chrysler's dealer network in the United States. This action would create about four million orphan owners. Chrysler says it will send letters to impacted owners to let them know about the situation. The last day of business for these dealers will be June 9.

For Bay Area residents, I'll make it easy on you. Here's the list of dealers that will be cut. The only caveat is that this list is the result of my PDF searching skills and my judgment as to which towns I consider to be in the Bay Area. I refer you to Exhibit A (I just can't stop saying that) for a complete count.

PENINSULA DODGE in Redwood City (this doesn't really count, they are already closed)
BOARDWALK CHRYSLER PLYMOUTH JEEP (Redwood City)
BAY BRIDGE CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE (Oakland)
LIVERMORE CHRYSLER JEEP
BURLINGAME CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE

Please note: UPS is a fine company and its delivery drivers are professionals. I am sure that they would not open a package and eat your cookies. It should also be noted that UPS delivers many "non-rejection" letters every day and even an occasional fruit cake during the holidays. The fact that Chrysler chose them to deliver bad news should not reflect poorly upon either UPS or its drivers.

No comments: