California Autos Examiner

Monday, June 29, 2009

Aston Martin lowering its iQ?


There is nothing swan-like about the Aston Martin Cygnet

Bleary eyed and without caffeine, I stare at the morning Twitter and RSS traffic. What great automotive news has developed overnight? Then I see this nugget: Aston Martin and Toyota team up on micro car. Yeah, right...Nice one. I suppose that Jeff Goldblum really is dead as well, right?

I Google the story and lo and behold, WSJ has picked it up.

There are even quotes from Aston Martin officials such as Aston Martin Chief Executive Ulrich Bez, "Now is the right time for Aston Martin to take this first bold step to embark on this special project -- made possible with the support of an organization of Toyota's stature and capability and the intelligent design and perfect city car package of the iQ."

Further digging reveals a press release on Aston Martin's website. That seals the deal for me, now I have to report on it.

I suppose the Cygnet would be like fitted luggage for an Aston Martin owner: you buy a DBS, DB9 or Vantage and tick a box to add a Cygnet to your order (no a la carte orders of the Cygnet will be allowed). However, this story still seems like the ultimate April Fool's joke.

Follow the author on twitter or contact via e-mail!

No comments: