Scion xB Release Series 7.0 (courtesy: toyota)
Toyota has just announced today that this week's Los Angeles Auto Show will see the debut of the Scion xB Release Series 7.0. You can view a full gallery of images of the xB RS 7.0 in this slideshow.
According to the press release, special goodies for the limited production model include:
- Four-piece DAMD body kit including front and rear lower lips along with side skirts
- Exclusive paint in a color named Murasaki, which means “purple” in Japanese.
- TRD (Toyota Racing Development) sport muffler that exits out the center of DAMD rear lip
- TRD lowering springs that bring the ride height down over an inch
- A color-keyed rear spoiler will be available as an option.
- The interior features exclusive black fabric seats with color-tuned highlights that complement the car’s exterior.
- The sides of the driver and front passenger lower seat cushions are embroidered with the “RS” logo.
- Leather-wrapped RAZO GT Formula Spec shift knob.
Only 2,000 units of the xB RS 7.0 will be built, with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $18,320 with a manual transmission and $19,270 with an automatic transmission. Tack on $670 for delivery, processing and handling. The funky, color-matched rear spoiler will be available to xB RS 7.0 owners and carries a suggested retail price of $320, not including installation.
My favorite xB release series remains the xB Release Series 1.0 with its Hot Lava Orange paint. The current bodystyle of the xB is just too big and droopy for my taste, but I do like the idea of this purple monster and I look forward to checking it out in a couple of days. Look for this special xB in showrooms beginning in December.