California Autos Examiner

Monday, January 25, 2010

General Motors engineer gives us the lowdown on Ecotec 2.4

Chris Meagher, chief engineer for the Ecotec 2.4, was kind enough to spend a few minutes with me to discuss the engine.

For those who don't know, GMs Ecotec 2.4L I-4 has been awarded Wards Auto World magazines 2010 10 Best Engines for North America. The direct injected engine with variable valve timing helps deliver segment-best highway fuel economy in GM's new crossovers, the Chevrolet Equinox and GMC Terrain. The engine also debuts in the all-new Buick LaCrosse and Regal sedans this year.



Chris was also able to give me a brief overview of the 1.4 Turbo Ecotec, you'll see this baby in the Chevrolet Cruze.  The 1.4T was also fitted into the Aveo RS concept at the Detroit auto show.



General Motors covered my expenses so that I could attend the 2010 North American International Auto Show

No comments: