California Autos Examiner

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Toyota FT-MV Concept









Amongst Toyota's flights of fancy are more practical, near production concepts such as this van which looks to be the replacement for the Alphard (the last picture above).

What about us in the US? Nissan's Quest has pretty much scared everyone from straying too far from the mainstream when it comes to styling so I doubt that the Sienna is going to steal any cues from this one. However, I have heard that both Toyota and Honda are nervous about the downward spiral of minivan sales and that with their next full model changes may look to spice things up.

I don't mind radical van styling, but what I'm after in this concept are the footrests for the rear passengers. Nissan has also showed a concept in the past with support for passenger's legs, so I'm hoping that someone will take the plunge and add it to a production van here in the states.

No comments: