California Autos Examiner

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Awww Crap! The Jaguar Takes a Hit!



5/28/08 Update: The Jag returns! Finally after much hand wringing the Jag has returned from the body shop. I elected to go with a shop that claimed it could match the paint of the car without blending in the fenders. This turned out to be partially true. The first attempt, based off a sample of paint cut out of the old hood, proved to be way off. The second attempt is very close and the casual observer probably would not notice the slight shade difference. I'm just happy to have the little bugger back in the driveway. The total bill was just under $1,900. I'll post some pics soon.


Original 2/28/08 post:

Sad news today...My Jag wagon took a hit today from a wayward tree branch. From the way the branch exploded until multiple fragments, it looked pretty rotten. Fortunately, the hood took the worst of the damage, so it "should" be a fairly easy repair. The hood looks like a a write off to me. I sure hope they don't try to fix it, but rather replace it. My flawless little wagon now has a big scar. Very sad. Now to sort out the insurance mess as the property owner is already squirming.

Update: As requested here's a pic. The hood has to be replaced and the fenders' paint blended with the new paint. Three estimates ring in around $2,000. It could be worse, but I'm still saddened by it. Now, hopefully the property owner comes through!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be a lot more sympathetic if there were pictures!

Anonymous said...

The update is dated "5/28/09". Are you sure about that?

Michael Sheena said...

Peter,

I guess when Ben moved the island, my sense of time got shifted. I'll fix the date. Thanks for catching that.