California Autos Examiner

Thursday, April 03, 2008

BMW 1 Series On the Road


I saw my first 1 Series on El Camino last night. It was a black model, not sure if it was the "Sparkling Graphic Metallic," "Black Sapphire Metallic" or "Jet Black" variety, but it looked great and really stood out.

I haven't been so blessed as to get a test drive in one of these puppies yet. I'm a little hesitant to go the the dealer and be refused because I'm not a "Serious Customer" as this driver was.

Standing around the water cooler, the general consensus at work was that while the 1 may be a great car, the 3 presents a better value. I'm not convinced of that viewpoint myself. I think America is working through its "size issues" and small, highly priced but very polished Euro cars can gain some traction in the marketplace.

I look forward to seeing more of the 1 on the road and maybe I'll get behind the wheel of one soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw my first 1 Series on the road yesterday, too. It was white and a college student was driving it - most likely some sort of gift from his parents.