California Autos Examiner

Friday, June 27, 2008

Rude Crude: 140 Dolla Is Making Me Holla


Bloomberg.com: Energy Prices

You can keep track of the price of oil by clicking on the above link. The $140 mark is just another sign of the sheer frenzy of the market. I'm still of the firm belief that this run-up is a bubble, but how long will it last? Hubba Bubba's "Gum Fighter" character used to declare "Big bubbles, no troubles" but the longer oil stays at these lofty heights there will trouble. If you think of the oil shock like a far away earthquake, the ensuing tsunami of price increases is going hit our economy like a tidal wave heretofore never seen before. I don't think we've even begun to see the effects of the current price of oil as many businesses are either absorbing some of the cost or are protected by hedges. Maybe it's the headache talking, but I'm getting awfully cranky about the current state of affairs. Maybe I should go back to my bike vs. bear stories.

No comments: