California Autos Examiner

Thursday, July 10, 2008

$5.21 A Gallon? Yeah I'm A Dum-Dum


It's hot, 90+ degrees. I've just sold my scooter and am feeling really bummed. The wife and kids are at a toy store and they too are hot. I'm running late. I need gas. Suddenly, like an oasis, a Shell station appears. The price for regular ended in .21 and I could have sworn the number in front was a 4. I chuckle at my good fortune and swoop across several lanes to make the turn. As it sit at the traffic light, it occurs to me that if this station was such a bargain it should be swamped as other stations in the area were around $4.50. Good thing my tank is completely empty I thought, this is going to be soooo good. As the pump rockets past $80 with no end in sight, I begin to wonder why $4.21 isn't such the deal I thought it was going to be. Why can I hear crickets chirping at this station? Suddenly, like a sucker punch to the gut, it hits me. I'm paying freaking $5.21! Doh! My slick deal has suddenly cost me an extra $12 and all I got for it was this lousy blog post.

ACATT is on the road today so don't expect much in the way of new material. Have a happy Thursday everybody!

Great big cherry Dum-Dum Photo Credit: Mike Johnson

No comments: