California Autos Examiner

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

IIHS Findings: Small Pickups Results By and Large 'Dismal'


I used to have a Chevy S-10 back in college (yeah I forgot about it in my GM tally) and I really enjoyed driving around in that truck. The Chevy was a bright orange with big tires on the back. It had around a 100,000 miles on it, but the engine was relatively new. Good stuff. Ever since then, I've always had a hankering to pick up another small truck someday. Not stoking my dreams is this latest IIHS report that lays the smackdown on all but the Tacoma. Also tested were the Dakota, Frontier, Ranger and Colorado. As you can see from the chart above, the results aren't pretty. Up until now small trucks haven't flown off the shelves, so it's not surprising that they haven't been lavished upon by their manufacturers. You can check out the IIHS video of the test by clicking here.

No comments: