California Autos Examiner

Sunday, August 03, 2008

Animal Activists Flambé a Volvo



A violent wing of animal liberation protesters have fire bombed the car of a UC Santa Cruz researcher. The devices used to bomb the car and another researcher's house were "significantly larger than a Molotov cocktail." Fortunately no one was injured by these attacks. It's unclear to me what animal experiments these researchers were conducting and how terrorizing these people and their families will help matters.

Okay, now let's get down to why I posted this image. Notice how the tailgate is missing? When I saw this picture, I said to myself "That's got to be sheet-molded composite (SMC)." Sure enough, when I searched "Volvo station wagon smc" I found that the V70 does indeed have a plastic tailgate.

That's all I've got for you on this one.

source: mercury news
photo source: Shmuel Thaler/Santa Cruz Sentinel

No comments: