California Autos Examiner

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Following A Mercedes E320 Bluetec


I'm waiting at the light, sitting behind an Mercedes E-Class. Nothing spectacular, just admiring the Arctic White paint job and clean lines of the sedan. Suddenly, on the left side of the trunk I see a Bluetec badge. Whoa! Now I'm suddenly more interested. There is no sooty mess on the bumper and as the driver pulls away there is no puff of smoke. Now, I've read all about this sedan and I know it's supposed to be clean, but until you actually see it in person it's kind of hard to fathom. This diesel really is clean as a whistle!

The 2009 E320 gets 23MPG in the city and 32 MPG on the highway. The base price is $53,775 and doesn't include leather but instead sports MB Tex (which some people actually prefer to real leather). You can check out the 2009 E320 Bluetec on MB's revised website by clicking here.

No comments: