California Autos Examiner

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

1,000,000th smart fortwo rolls off line



From the press release:

"Today, the one millionth smart fortwo rolled off the production line at the plant in Hambach, France - a micro hybrid drive (mhd) in the passion equipment line. On the occasion of the production anniversary and the tenth birthday of the smart brand Daimler presented the new smart electric drive. In Hambach Dr. Dieter Zetsche, President and CEO of Daimler AG and Head of Mercedes-Benz Cars said "The smart electric drive makes zero emission driving in an urban environment a reality.""


When I orphaned my smart at the beginning of the year, one of the things I told myself is that when the micro hybrid drive model arrives here, I'd place another order.  I'm still holding to that plan and hopefully we'll see the mhd sooner rather than later.  As for the lithium-ion electric drive smart, rumor has it that Los Angeles may be the next city to get a test fleet.

No comments: