California Autos Examiner

Thursday, January 26, 2006

GTI's Have Hit the Lots!






More than likely most of these puppies will be "display only" until they get in a few, but finally America gets the new model! Photos are courtesy of this vwvortex forum. It looks like this model is $25k with $2,445 in options. I'm really happy that the retro seats made it here. Personally, I would wait for the 5 door model. I happen to think it looks better and my coworkers are real complainers when it comes to wedging into the back of cars with no rear doors. What really gives me pause, of course, is VW's current state of affairs. I've discussed it before and in a recent Autoweek test of a new Passat the car flat out died in traffic. Scary. Having said all that, I'm still looking forward to driving this car. No matter what, I like Volkswagens. I really do.

No comments: