California Autos Examiner

Thursday, October 30, 2008

2010 Ford Fusion



I was once given a Fusion loaner. The metallic paint sparkled in the sun as I approached the car. Once inside, I was able to quickly pair my phone on the Sync system. I admired the soft touch plastics of the dash. "This is a decent car" I thought to myself, "Seems pretty well made to." Then I drove over a bump and the rearview mirror fell off. That brought back memories of the only other time a mirror fell off the windshield. It was my new boss' car and she had sent me out on an errand. Driving around town on a hot day, suddenly PLUNK there goes the mirror. I had to race over to an auto supply store for a kit that promised to reattach mirrors. Fortunately, I was able to get it all back together in time and no one was the wiser.

Consumer Reports seems to believe that Ford has been improving its quality game, so I'll give the Fusion a pass on the mirror bit. You can read about the powertrain goodies in this Ford media release. What we don't have yet is official info on the interior of the car. The 2010 Fusion should sport a honkin' navigation screen as an available option. We'll see what else Ford has up its sleeve soon!

No comments: