When you read about 789 Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge dealerships closing, I think it's rather easy to become overwhelmed. The NY Times has mapped out where all of the 789 dealerships are and you can visit the NY Times article to interact with a map.
As they always say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Each one of those red flags represents a place of employment, livelihoods that will now be upended. When you consider that GM has now send out 1,124 such rejection letters to dealers around the country, the map becomes even more incomprehensible.
As a recap, some of the dealers that we'll be losing in the SF Bay Area include:
- PENINSULA DODGE in Redwood City (this doesn't really count, they are already closed)
- BOARDWALK CHRYSLER PLYMOUTH JEEP (Redwood City)
- BAY BRIDGE CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE (Oakland)
- LIVERMORE CHRYSLER JEEP
- BURLINGAME CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE
- SERRAMONTE CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE (Colma)
For a full list of closures, please visit this link.